$55,000 – $75,000 a year
- US work authorization (Required)
- Negotiation: 1 year (Preferred)
BenefitsPulled from the full job description
Employee assistance program
Paid time off
Professional development assistance
Full Job Description
We’re looking for a goal-oriented individual who thrives on being successful. Grow your career within the produce industry. Develop, implement, and maintain a commodity strategy that supports a company’s supply chain. Meet demand for annual growth targets. Evaluate market conditions in order to maintain inventory levels, control cost and high customer satisfaction.
We have an excellent opportunity for you to make a difference, hit the ground running, and build a career with us.
This position is responsible for developing, communicating and executing sourcing strategies and will work closely with management through each step of the procurement process all the way through the sale. You will work in a team environment and communicate closely with logistics, operations, administration, and sales on a daily basis. If you are looking for a dynamic position, in a constantly changing environment, you have come to the right place!
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Enter purchase orders and exchange numbers with product suppliers.
- Maintain constant communication with suppliers in order to follow up on purchase orders and its process.
- Monitor purchase order’s times, shipment tracking, short or miss-shipments and ongoing order status.
- Prepare and present regular supplier quality reports, price competitiveness and market trend analysis.
- Maintain and communicate purchasing plans.
- Review all product purchase contracts and settlements for completeness and accuracy.
- Ensure commodities supply is available to operations personnel at all times.
- Familiarity with industry prices and marketing practices.
- Assist accounting department to resolve problems.
- Ensure the commodities are in compliance with all regulations and complete all reports that are required.
- Communicate with operations inventory and forecasting for product movement.
- Track and keep records of commodity price changes to insure accurate purchase order records.
- Negotiate effectively to achieve the appropriate balance of product quality, cost and shipment of commodities and develop supplier relationship in a win-win manner.
- Ensure that all purchase orders, specifications and other documents requested by General Manager are available for review- ongoing e-mail communication necessary.
- Keep supplier files up to date, these include addresses, phone numbers, overall contact information.
- Oversee general paperwork flow for accuracy; these include matching receiving tickets and BOL’s to shipper passing’s and carrier confirmations.
- Interact with customers via E-mail, phone, and text
- Maintain and grow sales within each category
- Attend trade shows when needed
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1+ years of experience in produce/agriculture industry and/or produce supply chain management, procurement, or logistics.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast- paced, constantly evolving environment and exhibit excellent multi-tasking skills.
- Possess the ability to articulate the complexity of business needs and the capability to build/develop practical action plans based upon those needs.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and analytical skills are required.
- Must possess strong business acumen, encompassing the ability to see the “Big Picture” within a complex, multi-faced organization, and initiate change management with client groups.
- Must exhibit proactive qualities, be self-directed, and have experience in facilitating meetings by utilizing effective presentation skills.
- Must have the ability to make recommendation to effective resolve problems or issues, by using judgement that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law.
- Proficient computer skills in the areas of e-mail, Microsoft Office (Power Point, Word, Excel, etc. Required.
- Strong communication and diplomacy skills and the ability to apply logical and pragmatic communication approach are required.
- Proven leadership skills in leading, managing, and directing a team.
- Requires regular attendance and/or physical presence at the job.
- Fast paced, high volume, detail oriented work environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Requires extensive use of hands
Competitive salary DOE, bonus, 401(k) with company match, medical, dental, life and disability.
- This exempt position is M-F, 7:00 am to 4:00 pm. Some duties will require work after hours.
- Candidate must be accessible by E-mail / Cell Phone on nights and weekends as needed.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 – $75,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Glendale, AZ 85301: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- fresh produce sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- fresh produce buying: 1 year (Preferred)
- Negotiation: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location